Develop the social, language and communication skills of your 2-4 year old child through this fun musical acting programme developed by the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy will be conducted by accredited instructors of Helen O’Grady Drama Academy UK.
Kiddy Drama will be held on Tuesdays at 9-10AM, 10-11AM and 12:30-1:30PM starting August 14.
Call Annabelle at 3992211 for more information and registration and schedule.
Helen O’Grady Drama Academy comes to the Philippines! Enhance your school’s extracurricular offerings with a proven program. Be one of the first schools to make the internationally acclaimed drama classes available directly to your students at the end of the school day.
The Helen O’Grady Drama Program uses drama exercises and acting techniques to build creative thinking, performing arts skills and literary skills. It also teaches students positive social skills, including effective team interaction, leadership, confidence and public speaking. Classes are held once a week for one hour over a ten to thirteen week term. Each one-‐hour lesson includes:
« Introductory activities
« Speech, verbal dynamics
« Creative drama
« Mimes to music
« Language development
« Structured improvisation
« Snippets, scene starters, mini scripts.
There are also parent presentations and end of year productions! Students have a lot of fun as they participate in classes that consistently offer creative, challenging and highly interactive and developmental lessons. There’s never a dull moment. There are separate classes and corresponding developmentally appropriate curriculum for primary students, intermediate students and high school. This means that a child can enroll in the Academy at Grade 1 through Fourth Year High School without ever repeating a lesson.
Development through Drama!
Ms. Helen O’Grady is a trained drama teacher, professional actress and producer/presenter of children’s television shows. The more she worked with children, the more she became aware of the need for a self-‐development program which would tap into the child’s own creativity and increase their confidence and communication skills in a fun way. So, she established the Drama Academy in 1979, Perth, Australia. At present, it is located in over 20 countries with over 65,000 students! It is the only drama academy of its kind in the world, with such an international curriculum, presence and reach.
The Helen O’Grady Drama Academy program is unique because:
* The child’s self-‐development is our primary focus. As our Academy’s International Director, Nigel Le Page, said “We are probably the only one that is purely focused on a child’s self-‐development. A child can also come in at any stage and not feel isolated. The Academy builds a very strong sense of community among its pupils. They learn mutual respect and tolerance.”
* The Academy is process oriented not product oriented. « The Academy’s curriculum and teaching methods aim to deliberately contribute to positive youth development, character education as well as nurturing the student’s creativity and artistic talents.
* Each student receives personalized attention and positive recognition.
* In partnership with your school and your parents we aim to help students find their voice, grow in self-‐confidence, self-‐knowledge – develop through drama!
Educators know that developing students’ creative thinking is an important part of a complete education, but schools often lack the funds and class time to focus on this. A recent study by Stanford University and the Carnegie Foundation show that involvement in creative arts helps children improve and promote academic achievement. Children who are involved in the arts are:
* 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
* 3 times more likely to be elected to leadership positions in their schools
* 4 times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
Why limit your child’s growth to a summer program when you can have it year round! A year round program allows for continuous, developmental growth.